WHAT IS A SKILLED NURSING HOME / OLD FOLKS HOME?
- A skilled nursing home usually provides high level of care for the elderly outside of a hospital
- A skilled nursing home / old folks home also provide custodial care such as getting in and out of bed, assistance in bathing, dressing and feeding
- Apart than this daily assistance, nursing homes also provide a high level of medical care
- Each resident in a nursing home is supervised by a physician
- Skilled nursing care is available throughout the day and night. The intent of this skilled nursing home is to provide nursing care and daily assistance to residents
who is responsible for this skilled nursing home / old folks home ?
- All of St. Mary's Nursing Home facilities are considered skilled nursing home as each of our home are equipped with medical items and experienced staffs to provide a quality nursing care to the residents
- The skilled nursing homes are supervised by Mdm. Sonia (Proprietor), and Mr. Ray (Operations Manager) with the help of experienced and qualified nurses as center managers
IS THIS Skilled nursing home / old folks home SUITABLE FOR MY LOVED ONE ?
- Skilled nursing homes are able to provide round-the-clock nursing care and significant assistance to perform daily routine tasks for you you or your loved one
- This enables your loved one to meet their daily physical, social and psychological needs
APART THAN THE SKILLED NURSING HOME FACILITY, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS OFFERED?
- Transportation to and from the nearest facility (with an added cost)
- Daily leisure activities to stimulate both physical and mental capabilities
- Medical support services (Blood pressure and glucose monitoring, weight management, vision screening and many more)
- Physical maintenance (grooming, oral hygiene, manicure, pedicure)
IS MY LOVED ONE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SKILLED NURSING HOME/OLD FOLKS HOME?
Yes, any individual who requires assistance both physically and medically are eligible for skilled nursing homes
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF STAy in this skilled nursing home / old folks home ?
- The skilled nursing home normally takes in a resident who is looking to stay at the facility for a longer period of time
- Priority is always given to long term residents (3 months and more)
WHAT ARE THE CHARGES FOR THIS SHORT TERM REHABILITATIVE CARE PROGRAM ?
- The charges for this skilled nursing home / old folks home are stated as below:
- RM2200.00 (quad sharing room) per month
- RM2300.00 (triple sharing room) per month
- RM2400.00 (twin sharing room) per month
- RM3100.00 (single room) per month
- RM3200.00 (single room with en-suite bathroom) per month
- RM500.00 is chargeable for registration purposes and medical screening (during admission)
- 1 month deposit (refundable) is required for a resident who will be staying for more than 3 months at the facility
- Payment can be made through bank transfer, cheque and cash only
- * Prices vary from branch to branch, please call to inquire more